I’m going to use an Ubuntu system to do some audio projects, so I wanted to figure out how to use Jack and some other applications that come with Ubuntu Studio.
- Ubuntu Wiki - preparing a studio computer - includes help on realtime settings
- Ubuntu Wiki - Howto Jack Configuration
- Ubustu - How to configure Jack
- Linux Journal article about Ubuntu Studio setupSupercollider resources:
- Tutorial for installing SuperCollider on Ubuntu
- Apt Repository for Supercollider
- Uing the SuperCollider plugin for the gedit text editor
- SuperCollider swiki
update My computer won’t boot with Ubuntu Studio 9.04’s realtime kernel (linux-rt). Other people have a similar problem. Discussion threads have had success with a custom kernel build that I will try out. Instructions here.